Thursday, March 14, 2019

21-Day Keto Diet: Day 9 (Pi Day)

As a follow up to yesterday's post about my child's wake-up patterns...today I had to get up at 6:20a for a work meeting...but when I left the house at 7am, Lil' Man was still snoozing.  So, the obvious conclusion here is, despite everything that comes out of his mouth, he truly does love his Daddy more. ;)

So...Happy Pi Day all!  I had almost forgotten, until our HR manager sent out an email yesterday noting that in honor of Pi Day, they were buying pizza for the office for lunch, and folks were welcome to bring in dessert pies.  
And y'all, I REALLY wanted to come up with a brilliant keto-friendly pie and bring it so I could participate.  I thought, "hey...we've got coconut flour...surely that would make a great faux-graham cracker crust, for a no-bake cheesecake, right?"  But I couldn't find a single recipe online that used ONLY coconut flour--most called for almond flour or a mix of the two.  

So, let's all just PRETEND that I made this beautiful cheesecake (which is the recipe I would have used if I had had the energy and supplies to make it).
Photo & Recipe from Simply So Healthy, click on photo for link.

BreakfastRaspberry coconut muffin with butter, 3 sausage links, soft boiled egg, water, and coffee w/DIY creamer.
Lunch:  Leftover Zuppa Toscana & celery (and the toppings from 1 slice of sausage pizza.  What? I don't turn down free food, dude.)
DinnerChicken Pizza Bake, made with chicken, bacon, pepperoni, bell pepper, onion, kale, and mushrooms. I tried to cram as many veggies in there as I could.  This was pretty darn tasty--the kiddo loved it too. Also had a Michelob Ultra with dinner.
Totals: 1598 kcal, 110g fat, 22.6g net carbs, 91g protein

My Thoughts: I was pretty bummed to have to pass up all those pies today.  They looked really good.  But I did make it to the gym today (a good thing, since I was at my desk almost all day and pretty sedentary).  The gym scale tells me I'm only down 2 lbs, which is a little frustrating.  I should probably try to up my trips to the gym to balance things out a bit--would probably help with the low energy levels too.

The Hubs' Thoughts:  If yesterday was my best day, today is my worst.  Sore muscles and really low energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment