Wednesday, March 13, 2019

21-Day Keto Diet: Day 8

I had really hoped our kiddo would be duped by the time change a little longer...after all, if he's used to waking up at 6am, 6 is now 7, so he should sleep in more, right?  Well, the honeymoon time change is over.  He was up at 6am this morning hollering to get up...however I don't think that The Hubs and I have adjusted yet, so now it feels like we're being woken up at 5am.  It makes me wonder...everyone seems to agree that Daylight Savings Time is no longer needed.  Surely some politician in D.C. proposes each year to get rid of it...so what monsters keeps vetoing or voting against it?

Breakfast:  Needed a break from the grainy raspberry coconut muffins, so we had fried eggs, 3 sausage links, and 1/4 cup raspberries this morning.  Though...a good runny yolk is not nearly as satisfying without a triangle of toast to sop it up.  le sigh... Also - coffee with DIY creamer. Because caffeine.  FIVE A.M, PEOPLE.
Lunch:  Leftover Zuppa Toscana from last night, and mixed veggies.
Afternoon Snack:  I needed a little sweetness when I got home while I was prepping dinner for the fam, so I had a tablespoon of peanut butter.

Dinner:  Leftover balsamic steak w/onions & mushrooms and bacon brussel sproutsThen off to church to volunteer.
Totals: 1434 kcal, 109g fat, 25g net carbs, 86g protein

My Thoughts: My gut is a lot noisier on keto than on a regular diet...I hope that means it's doing something.  In general, I feel okay, just low energy. I never feel hungry, but I am starting to miss sweetness.  That spoonful of peanut butter was like, the best tasting thing I've had in a week. I ended up a bit high on carbs today, but honestly, in all the different macro counters out there, no one can quite agree on how many net carbs you're really supposed to have. Some say 20, some say 25, some say 30.  I figure if I focus on it too much, it's going to drive me nuts.

The Hubs' Thoughts:  Probably the highest energy day I've had so far. Even went to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment