Tuesday, March 12, 2019

21 Day Keto: Day 7

Well, we've been at it a full week (technically, The Hubs is on Day 9). The websites (and friends) tell me we should feel a change...but I don't.  Does that mean we're not actually in ketosis, and this whole week has just been a waste?  ...it better not. The scale does say I'm down about 3-4 lbs but I suspect that's mostly water weight.

Breakfast:  Raspberry coconut muffin and sausage, coffee with DIY creamer
Lunch: Leftover Egg Roll in a Bowl & half a cucumber, Powerade Zero
Dinner:  I took our favorite Zuppa Toscana recipe, which is already pretty keto-friendly, and swapped the potatoes out for thinly sliced turnips. Also added some mushrooms (we have a bunch that need to be used up), and used heavy cream in place of half & half.  Taste was good, but the turnips + the cream made it a little sweet, so if I made this again I'd use 3 cups of chicken broth and an extra piece of bacon to up the savory side.

Totals: 1165 kcal, 95g fat, 21g carb, 49g protein

My Thoughts: Not much new.  No real cravings.  But I still can't quite get over the feeling that this isn't really a good, sustainable diet. It feels very unbalanced. I don't like that I need to take supplements to help make up for things I'm not getting from actual food.

The Hubs' Thoughts: The muffins don't really stick with me as much as other foods.  Definitely getting hungry for lunch earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment