Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hola, bonjourno, howdy, & hi.

**UPDATED 2016**
1) Who is Feaux?
Feaux is Bobbi.  Or Bobbi is Feaux…I’m not sure which is proper.  C’est moi:
I'm a thirty-something new [working] mom who loves food, family, and writing about both.  
 
2) What do you do?
I’m a geologist/environmental scientist.  When I lived in Louisiana, I dealt mainly in wetlands, and oil & gas exploration. 
image
Now I deal primarily with leaking petroleum sites, and karst (aka caves). 
Bobbi in Fitzpatrick P9120224
(The Hubs & I doing some extracurricular caving.  Missouri is home to over 6,000 caves, and there are 383 known caves in my county alone.)
3) Why do you blog?
This blog originally started in 2008, when I was still living in Louisiana, as a way to chronicle my journeys of trying to learn to cook Cajun food.  Then, when I moved back to Missouri, it was a way for me to hold on to that life & culture that I missed so dearly.  Now, it’s just a mish-mash of ME.  I cook all the time, but not necessarily just Cajun food.  I'm a new mom and use this as an outlet to chronicle that new journey.  And I enjoy a good cocktail now & then, and I enjoy sharing those as well. :D
4) What do you LOVE?
My husband (we married in 2011):
image
My Son (who joined our family in 2015):
Our dog (who loves us back, even though we harass him):
image
Photography: I shoot with Canon, exclusively.  SD750 Elph, PowerShot SX130 IS, or Rebel EOS XS, depending on the situation.
(Weddings call for the Elph.)
camera
Star Wars (particularly Yoda):
image
Science-y stuff: I collect rocks & books, I have water quality testing kits in my garage (for the caves), and an endless supply of nerdy t-shirts:
(Par exemple: 2010’s halloween costume—the Mad Scientist)
image
Scuba Diving: Now that I’m landlocked, I don’t get to go as often, but I still make at least one trip per year.
Cuz you just don’t get to see these guys above ground.
image

And of course, FOOD.  Cooking it, eating it, talking about it, dreaming about it.

So there you go.  Me, in a blog-sized nutshell.  Now, I’d love to hear more about you!  Feel free to either tell me something in the comments section, or leave me a link to your own “all about me” post!  It’s great to meet you!!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but in your list of "things you love," you seem to have forgotten....

    http://tinyurl.com/797xmjq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....well of course. That's just a given. Sorta like how I didn't list God or my mom. ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you! I wish that cooking relaxed me...it's not that I don't like cooking, but for me it has the opposite affect- all I can think about is the mess I'm making and am going to have to clean up. But, I LOVE to eat, so I cook. (plus I have three kids and a husband who wouldn't be too happy if I didn't feed them dinner every night ;) Thanks for your comment on my guest post about the egg shelled bowl yesterday!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do have a lovely arrangement with my husband...if I cook, he cleans up the mess. It's a pretty fair trade since I HATE doing dishes. I can't say I get fancy with my cooking all the time, though. We have our fair share of Hamburger Helper or "soup & a grilled cheese" nights as well. :D

      Delete
  3. Did you add that sterilization bit for the third in the trfiecta of stalking? you know you did :)

    You are quite lovely even if you do like caves. I went spelunking (sp?) once had a nervous breakdown whilst under the earth. Me no likey. Once of these days I am going to try one of your yummy looking recipes instead of just stalking your yummy looking pics. Maybe you could ship me some leftovers? That seems so much easier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course. I'm sure she watches my blog & sees all that raw meat & eggs and bare hands & so I have to make sure she knows there's plenty of sanitation going on as well... though I'm hoping she doesn't notice that I was cutting bacon on my "poultry" cutting board in that peppadew post. Shhh... ;)

      And thank you for the compliment! I wonder at the quality of the leftovers by the time they'd arrive at your house, however...and then you'd be all, "Ugh, this is crap! Why did it look so good in the photo???"

      Delete
  4. My husband is totally jealous of your job! He loves caves... I'm scared of them! It might be a claustrophobia thing. Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish my job involved caves more often--a lot of the time we're doing surface work at gas stations, taking soil & water samples at the source of where the leak was. Hanging out at a gas station all day is not as fun as caving. :) I can understand the claustrophobia! Most of the time I'm totally okay, but I'll admit, there's been a time or two when I got a little wedged or stuck in a tight passageway & had a mini freakout!

      Delete