Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Week in the Meals of Feaux – Day Three.

And the experiment continues!

Day Three – Wednesday.
Still a work day, but also Trivia Night!  Which means I’ll be having a drink in the evening, so I try to eat well throughout the day to allow myself those extra empty calories.  Wednesdays are also a day that I go to the gym, because of the large time slot between “end of work day” and “start of trivia”.  We live about 30 minutes outside of town, so it just doesn’t make sense for me to go home before trivia.  So, I go to the gym, sweat a lil’ bit, rock out to some tunes, and/or read my Nook (while I’m doing cardio).  This also means I don’t eat dinner at home.  So I either a) bring food from home to eat at the office, b) pick up something quick to eat (usually to-go sushi from the nearby suprmarket), or c) meet the Hubs & Friends for dinner.

Breakfast (7am)
2 slices bacon, cooked in the microwave & blotted – 69 calories, 5 g fat, 5 g protein

Breakfast Part Deux (at the office, 9am)
Coffee w/1 Splenda & 1 tbsp Peppermint Mocha coffeemate – 35 calories
1 serving Oikos Black Cherry Greek Yogurt – 130 cal, 0 g fat, 12 g protein
1.5 graham crackers – 89 calories, 2 g fat, 1.5 g protein
(I dipped the grahams in the yogurt & it’s like having cherry cheesecake for breakfast!  YUM!)

feaux 002
Lunch (1pm)
1 can Diet Mug Root Beer – 0 calories
Leftover pan fried fish (2 small crappie filets) – 277 calories, 16 g fat, 20 g protein
1 serving steamable veggie medley – 80 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g protein
Cinnamon applesauce – 80 calories, 0 fat/protein

Afternoon Snack (4pm)
6 oz Spicy V8 – 30 calories, 0 fat, 2 g protein
1 oz light mozzarella string cheese – 60 calories, 2.4 g fat, 8 g protein

feaux 003
Dinner (7pm)
Note: I had planned to bring some leftover pork tenderloin for dinner…but my brain wasn’t quite engaged yet when I left the house. So instead, the Hubs decided to meet me for dinner.  We had a Groupon for Houlihan’s and they run “Savour” Specials on Wednesday evenings—this day it was $7 burgers/sandwiches.  I ordered the Farmhouse Club w/fries, Hubs ordered the Brentwood Chicken sandwich w/steamed broccoli, and then we divided our meals in half & shared.
1/2 Farmhouse Club – 270 calories, 12.5 g fat, 19 g protein
1/2 Brentwood Chicken sandwich – 434 calories, 21.5 g fat, 32 g protein
1/2 order fries – 135 calories, 6 g fat, 1.5 g protein
1/2 order broccoli – 27 calories, 0 g fat, 2 g protein
20 oz unsweet tea – 0 calories
16 oz half & half tea – 60 calories, 0 g fat/protein

 At Trivia (9pm)
 I typically go for beer at trivia (200 calories per pint)…however, since dinner was so monolithic, I ordered a Diet Coke w/ vanilla vodka.  That only has 60 calories, although it’s twice the price.

Total for Day: 1836 calories, 66.4 g fat, 105 g protein

Ouch. Higher than I would have liked--but still lower than my daily caloric need of 1900, so at least I'm not gaining anything.  We would have been much better off just packing up our other half-sandwich from dinner & having it for breakfast or lunch.  But as a control for this experiment, I am purposely not looking up nutritional information before I go out to eat—I just try to make good decisions, and then see how “good” or not good they were afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment