Friday, March 8, 2019

21 Day Keto Diet: Day 3

Finally had my first carb-related dream last night.  I was traveling and had packed myself a lunch.  Opened it up and took 3 delicious bites before I realized it was a sandwich on thick toasted sourdough bread...but it was sooooo good I couldn't stop eating.

Anyway...It's Friday!  Things I have accomplished this week:
- 5 days of single parenting without significant bodily injury (to me or him)
- 2 loads of laundry
- 2 loads of dishes
- got my work email inbox down to 8 (it functions as my to-do list)
- Finished Season 4 of Parks & Rec

...I think that's enough for one week, right?

Breakfast:
Coffee with 2 Tbsp heavy cream and 1/2 packet of Splenda
1/4 cup raspberries
water

Lunch: Red pepper sandwich (turkey, provolone, salami, mayo, avocado, pickle)
Mixed veggies (1/2 carrot, celery, radishes), pickled okra, more water
Dinner: Sesame Chopped Chicken Salad, & unsweet iced tea. This salad is not my fave--the dressing is lacking something--probably sweetness--that would help round out the flavor.  We made it without the mandarin oranges to keep the carbs down, but that would probably help the overall flavor.

Totals: 1157 kcal, 89g fat, 21 net carbs, 59g protein

Thoughts:  Another good day.  No issues so far.  

DK's Day 3 (still out of town):
Breakfast: scrambled eggs, ham, walnuts (from the hotel's oatmeal topping containers)
Lunch: cheese, hard boiled egg, 1 deli roll-up
Afternoon Snack: another deli roll up
Dinner: Taco Bell Power Bowl (no rice,beans, or tomatoes), a few florets of broccoli (picked up from the supermarket), Powerade Zero
After Dinner: 2 Michelob Ultras

Estimate: 18g net carbs, 1300-1400 calories

Thoughts:  Still have plenty of energy, it's just hard to be eating hotel food or food from other places where I don't actually know what the nutrition facts are.  There's so much variety in calories and carbs for items that are entered into MyFitnessPal, that it makes me very untrusting and unsure of which I should pick. Tracking feels very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment