Thursday, March 7, 2019

21 Day Keto Diet: Day 2

I  fear that I've somehow given birth to a "morning person"... Lil' Man was awake at 6:05a this morning, sitting in his chair, reading a book, and shouting, "MaaaaMaaa, time to wake up!  It's daylight outside!  Maaamaaaaa....open the door!"
Breakfast:
Coffee with 2 Tbsp heavy cream and 1/2 packet of Splenda
Breakfast Casserole
1/4 cup raspberries
water

Lunch: 3 Deli roll ups, 1/2 avocado, 3 dill pickles
Mixed veggies (carrot, celery, radishes, cauliflower), more water
Afternoon Snack: chicken bouillon (my office was cold so I was craving a cup of something warm)

Dinner: Chicken salad with grape tomatoes, bacon and red cabbage, along with pickles, olives, and provolone & unsweet iced tea. I used the cabbage leaves to make wraps and included the cheese....SO GOOD.  Between the mayo in the salad, the crunch of the cabbage, the bacon, tomatoes and cheese, it was like eating a BLT!  Definitely doing this again.
Meanwhile, my kiddo had all my favorite carbs...
BBQ chips and grilled cheese...yum.

Daily Totals: 1461 kcal, 116g fat, 17g net carbs, 79g protein

Bobbi's Day 2 Thoughts:  Still no major issues. I did feel a little run-down today, but it may be just because I was at my desk most of the day and didn't move around enough.  But I'm eating tasty food and don't feel deprived. Though... the Clearance sale on King Cake and Paczki's at the supermarket was a little tempting.

DK's Day 2: (still out of town for work)

Breakfast (at the Hotel): 1 egg white & veggie omelette, 2 egg & cheese omelettes, 2 sausage patties, 2 packets picante sauce, 1 pork sausage link, water, black coffee + 1 Splenda --He found out later that this totaled 13 carbs (fillers in the sausage and omelettes), so he had to be really conscious of what he ate for the rest of the day.
Lunch: 1 boiled egg at 3pm (not really hungry), water
Dinner: Baconator with Lettuce Bun, no ketchup or tomato, from Wendy's. He used the mobile app so he could customize more easily without having to take a lot of time in the line ordering.  This was pretty good.
After Dinner: Fiber supplement, Powerade Zero

Thoughts: I feel fine--not foggy or dizzy like yesterday.  I feel like I could go run on the treadmill,  but I might get a little light headed.  I'm concerned about not getting enough potassium & magnesium and I really don't want to get the "keto flu", so I'm thinking about picking up a supplement or some Powerade Zero's to keep with me.  With so many carbs in breakfast, I had to be really careful about what I ate for the rest of the day. I wish I would have known how many carbs were going to be in the things I ate for breakfast so I could have given myself more leeway for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment