Sunday, March 10, 2019

21 Day Keto - Day 5

Happy Sunday All!  After church, we met up with our Life Group at Buffalo Wild Wings--a place we all love, and that is easy to eat on keto (traditional wings with a lower-carb sauce, or dry rub)--and bonus--kids eat free at BWW on Sundays.  
Breakfast: 2-egg ham & cheese omelets (w/ onion, red pepper, mushrooms, kale, cheddar, & pepperjack)  
Also, I made some homemade keto friendly creamer to use in my coffee this week:
1 cup heavy cream, 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 4-5 drops coconut extract. 1 net carb per 2 Tbsp serving.

Lunch: DK & I shared a small traditional order of wings, half with Chipotle dry rub and half with Thai Curry sauce, which has 3 net carbs.  Ranch & celery on the side.
Dinner: Leftover Egg Roll in a Bowl-- Even the kiddo likes this.  When I was cutting up all the cabbage, he walked in and told me "I don't like salad". But at mealtime, he asked for a bite...and then ended up eating about half of mine.  He announced "I like dat salad, cuz it got meat in it."
Totals: 1414 kcal, 20g net carb, 106g fat, 89g protein

Thoughts: Another good day, no complaints....well, aside from an attempt to make muffins with coconut flour. But we'll save that for tomorrow.


DK's Day 5 (Last day of out of town for work)
Note: from this point forward, The Hubs & I will be eating mostly the same things, so I'll shift back to just listing one set of meals, but still share both of our thoughts.

Breakfast at the Hotel: 9 pieces of bacon, hard boiled egg, 1/4 cup sausage gravy (for dipping the bacon), black coffee, 1/2 packet of Splenda
Lunch: Powerade, 2 deli roll ups, 3 oz ham
Dinner: Sesame Chicken Salad, 5 almonds, 1 Michelob Ultra

Total: 1106 kcal, 17g net carbs

Thoughts: This is the best day I've had so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment