Monday, March 18, 2019

21-Day Keto: Day 13

Hello Monday...back to the grind.  

Breakfast: Taco Breakfast Muffin with Chipotle Lime Salsa (Note: if you don't already buy your salsa from Aldi, I highly recommend you start.)  
Lunch: Tuna Salad (my recipe has olive oil mayo, yellow mustard, celery, dill pickle, pepper, hard boiled egg, and celery salt) w/ mixed raw veggies
Dinner: Shrimp Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash.  Alfredo sauce is naturally keto-friendly, which makes me happy.  I cooked the spaghetti squash in my Instant Pot while I worked on the sauce.  The shrimp were pre-cooked so just tossed those in at the end with the sauce to warm them up.
Totals: 1239 kcal, 83g fat, 25g net carbs, 86g protein

My Thoughts:  Today was a bit higher-carb, because of the spaghetti squash--you always hear about it being a healthier option than pasta--and it is, but 1 cup of the squash is still about 8 net carbs.  Then add the sauce on top of that and our dinner ends up at about 10 net carbs.  But, I really enjoyed getting to have Alfredo sauce tonight.  Back when I was a kid with unlimited metabolism and a hollow leg, I ordered Fettuccine Alfredo every time we went to Olive Garden (along with my own giant bowl of salad...and about a million breadsticks). It was my absolute fave.  But at some point, I stopped letting myself have it, in favor of lighter red-sauce based dishes.  

DK's Thoughts:  Still good here.


No comments:

Post a Comment