Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Resolutions and the Top 10 Posts of 2017

Nappy New Year!  (this was a typo...but I liked it so much I kept it.  We should all be so blessed as to have a new year full of naps.)

I hope everyone had a relatively chaos-free and enjoyable holiday season!  Now, t'is the time for resolutions and looking back.  And overall, I'm pretty pleased with 2017.  Lil' Man turned 2--which means we have kept him alive and in a general state of health for another year.  We had no major medical or financial crises, and I even managed to max out my 401k.  Oh--and I chopped all my hair off for charity over Christmas.
10 inches gone to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths.

I'm hoping this will sate my do-gooding needs until I can start giving blood again in April (I got benched for a year because we traveled out of the country to an area with malaria risk).  In the meantime--I'm loving the cut.  I feel like I have so many more quick options for styling!  If I want to wash & go, I can just add a little mousse, scrunch, and head out the door. If I want to flat iron, it takes less than 5 minutes.  So glorious.

One of last year's resolutions was to eat more breakfast--and that I did. With the exception of a couple days in the summer, I ate breakfast every day, and catalogued much of it on Instagram (to the confusion of several of my friends, who thought my dates were actually a rating system). I also managed to keep up with my line-a-day journal (though sometimes by catching up a week at a time--life's crazy, yo.)

This year?
1) Eat more vegetables.  We got fruits in the bag, but we just aren't good about getting a lot of veggies on the plate.  Unless you count potatoes.  So I'm hoping to mix it up a bit more.
2) Exercise.  I know, it's so trite, but seriously needed.  We just got a 6 month family pass to the gym at our church, which is less than 5 minutes from our house.  No excuses.  I'm still working on figuring out a reasonable, measurable goal, but at this point, if I go even 4 times in the entire year, that's better than 2017.
3) Moisturize.  Winter is upon us, and dry skin is a plague.  I have plenty of hand cream, foot cream, face cream, even in-shower lotion...but do I use it?  Not really.  I feel like I should take better care of my skin now, and avoid the expensive surgeries, Botox, and firming creams later down the road.

Keeping it simple with three.  I mean, I have work goals too, but I won't bore you with those.

And now, on to the Top 10 Posts of 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment