Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thirsty Thursday: Strawberry Lemonade, Smoothie or Daiquiri

So, you may have noticed that I haven't posted many alcoholic drinks lately...
And that's because I'm in the process of waiting for a very special delivery:
(Yes, this was our official announcement. Just a little PhotoShop fun.  Please feel free to steal/share the idea--I found a screen shot online, a font that was similar, and then revised the text to suit and added the "Facility Scan" section by cloning parts of the "Shipped By" section.  I will likely revamp in a few weeks when we have an updated ultrasound and find out gender.) 

So, while I've been OK'd by my doc to have "a sip" of anything my husband is drinking, hard liquor and cocktails are generally out of bounds for me for the next 6 months or so.  

Fortunately, cocktails are the easiest beverages to make "mocktails" out of, so I'm planning to share recipes that could easily be made in either adult or kid-friendly versions.

Today's recipe is actually a smoothie we served at The Inside Scoop last summer, but with the weather warming up, this would be SO completely perfect for adding a little booze into for a backyard cocktail.


INGREDIENTS:
4 oz frozen sliced strawberries, unsweetened
4 oz lemon sorbet
6 oz lemonade (I've tried it with both regular and pink lemonade, and I liked the regular better--it has a more sweet-tart result) 
Boozification Option:  I think straight or flavored rum would work best in this, like Bacardi Limon, but a flavored vodka or white tequila would also work well with the acidity of the lemon.  If you go this route, replace a portion of the lemonade with the booze, to your preferred strength.
LIGHTER OPTION:  Use Crystal Light Lemonade instead--it'll be 140 calories instead of 267.

DIRECTIONS:
Blend all ingredients on high until well combined.  Some sorbets can be a bit sticky & not want to blend--just add a touch more booze or lemonade and you should be golden.

NUTRIFACTS: (without booze)
Calories267.4
  Total Fat0.2 g
     Saturated Fat0.0 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat0.1 g
     Monounsaturated Fat0.0 g
  Cholesterol0.0 mg
  Sodium33.9 mg
  Potassium159.9 mg
  Total Carbohydrate68.9 g
     Dietary Fiber1.8 g
     Sugars65.0 g
  Protein0.6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment