Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow Day Treats: Snow Ice Cream!

We had our first big snow of the season this week; got about 8-10 inches at our house, depending on where you stick the ruler…or dog. 

IMG_20131206_165904

“Okay, verrrrry funny guys.  Now…how do I get down?”

It started on Thursday afternoon, and by the time I left work at 4:15pm that day, the roads were awful…ice beneath snow, plus darkness = my typically 30 minute commute took 2 hours.  Yuck!  To top if off, my windshield wipers got coated with ice on the way home, and when I went to clean them off, the driver’s side wiper snapped right off!  Since I can’t easily make it 18 miles to the office without a working wiper, I ended up working from home on Friday.  I’m pretty blessed that we have such a nice setup that allows us to work remotely & still access all our files even when you can’t get into the office.

But of course…around lunch time…I decided it was time for some snow ice cream!

Aaaannnd….well…seeing as how we have all the leftover ice cream toppings from The Scoop in our pantry right now…our snow ice cream got a little fancier than usual. :D

IMG_20131206_124022

INGREDIENTS:

4-6 cups packed snow

1/2 cup half & half (or evaporated milk)

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

TOPPINGS!  (whatever you have on hand)

 

DIRECTIONS:

Working quickly (because this will melt FAST), combine the snow, milk, sugar, & vanilla, and stir until well combined. 

IMG_20131206_124332

Add your toppings and devour as quickly as possible!  (or as quickly as brain freeze will allow.)

IMG_20131206_130147

No comments:

Post a Comment