Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thirsty Thursday: White Elephants & Apple Pie

 

My company does a white elephant gift exchange every year at the Christmas party.  Now…I don’t know what your company gift exchange is like, but at our company…well…I don’t want to stereotype, but we’re scientists…and apparently, scientists love gag gifts and booze. So it’s about a 50/50 chance that whatever gift you get will either be drinkable… or completely random (for example, this year the prize gag gifts were a “Geology for Dummies” book and a mock-up Seventeen magazine cover starring one of our coworkers getting jiggy at the anniversary party).

Last year, I ended up on the “random” end of things, and took home a roller skating Santa teddy bear that didn’t actually work.  So this year, I decided to re-gift him… but I gave him a fighting chance.

And I’m happy to report that he, and his booze, got stolen twice and went to a good home.

Sadly, I didn’t get to try any of the Apple Pie Liqueur, but the Travis Hasse website has TONS of recipes for you to try out. For example:

Spiced Apple Sour
1 oz Apple Pie Liqueur
1 oz Spiced Rum
1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
½ oz simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water)

 

And what did I get to bring home with me this year?

Random again—but a much better kind of random, and something that was actually on my Christmas list!  Stay tuned for a future Thirsty Thursday with some fun cocktails in these glasses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment