Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thirsty Thursday: The Bloody Southern

I found myself craving olives the other day.  Which then causes me to crave Bloody Marys (Maries? *shrugs*).  Don’t ask why my train of food cravings runs that way, it’s just how I’m wired.  Occasionally, I don’t crave Bloody Mary, but rather, I crave the “Mexican Martinis” served at the Hula Hut in Austin Texas, which are served with jalapeno-stuffed olives.

But this time, I wanted olives and Spicy V8 and all the other things that come with that.  But I had to mix it up a bit.

A while back, I bought a mini bottle of Southern Comfort Pepper, since it sorta screamed “Cajun”.  Southern Comfort is made in New Orleans, and the Pepper version was released in fall of last year.   However, after I did some investigating (aka: texted Primo, my official cocktail connoisseur), I caught word that this stuff is pretty well ONLY good in a Bloody Mary.  But hey—that works for me!

IMG_1015

Recipe:

2 oz SoCo Pepper

6-8 oz Spicy V8

3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce

3 dashes Louisiana hot sauce

Juice of half of a lime

1 tbsp olive juice

dash Cajun seasoning

 

Directions:

Shake ingredients together in a shaker w/ice, then pour into a fancy glass w/fresh ice.  Serve with a garnish of lime, pickle, and, of course, jalapeno stuffed olive!

IMG_1022

 

Next up might have to be the SoCo Mojito…maybe with SoCo Lime???

No comments:

Post a Comment