Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve! (Christmas Coffee recipe)

Happy Almost-Christmas, readers!

If you’re anything like me, today is a very hectic day.  We’re hosting Christmas with my family tonight, and tomorrow we’ll be hosting it for my husband’s side of the family.  The gifts are (mostly) wrapped, the house is 90% clean (please forgive the kitchen, but there’s Christmas dinner & snacks in progress), the Christmas lights are on, Christmas music is playing on the stereo…and you’re exhausted.

So here, my gift to you this Christmas Eve Morn…

Eggnog Café!

We bought a quart of eggnog to share with family during the festivities, and while I was making my morning cup o’ joe to revv the engines before I started roasting spiced nuts and making a cranberry-cream cheese dip (recipe later this weekend), I thought:

“I’m out of creamer…hey…eggnog is BASICALLY creamer already!”

So, here’s the plan:

- Brew your favorite cup of coffee at your favorite strength (for me, it’s Community Coffee’s New Orleans blend with chicory, brewed by package directions (1 tbsp grounds per cup of water, which makes a perfectly opaque cup of coffee).  While it’s brewing, enjoy the gorgeous morning sunlight & frost covered view from your back porch (warning—wear socks.  It’s cold.)

IMG_3024

IMG_3025

 

- Fill your favorite mug up 2/3 of the way.

- Add 1/3 cup of your favorite eggnog (I like the Silk soy variety).

- Sprinkle top with pumpkin pie spice.

- Sip and enjoy as you run around your kitchen putting the finishing touches on your holiday preparations.

IMG_3036

I like my coffee pretty sweet, but the eggnog is already so sweet that I didn’t have to add any sugar.  DEELISH!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year from the FeauxKitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment