Saturday, June 10, 2023

Sourdough Stories #19: Dinner Rolls

 Another winner with this recipe!  The Hubs asked for some dinner rolls to accompany a meal. I had extra sourdough starter to use up, so we made a double batch and froze what we didn't eat that week for future meals (6 to a bag, since there's just the three of us).  

So many of the dinner roll recipes I found on the interwebz involved adding instant yeast. Which I still don't want to do. I mean, what's the point of having sourdough if you're just going to add yeast?  So I was thankful when Little Spoon Farm's recipe didn't call for yeast in the recipe.  

I started the dough in the morning before church; about 5pm I used a kitchen scale to parcel the dough out into balls weighing roughly 65g each.  We let these rest in the pan for a couple hours before baking.



These were easily as soft and fluffy as any yeast rolls I've had...maybe even on par with Lamberts???  Will definitely be making them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment