Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Week in the Meals of Feaux: Day Six

HELLOOOOOO SATURDAY!!!  I’m so happy to see you again!  How’s ya mom ‘n them?

As I mentioned yesterday, we’d be driving up to Kansas City to watch the Cardinals (ahem) stop the Royals.  It was a 1:10p game, and we planned to tailgate before the game…and we live 3 hours away…which means we had to wake up at 5:40am.  UGH.  I know some of you readers are moms and have to get up at the butt-crack o’ dawn on a regular basis and have no sympathy for me, but I typically sleep in until at LEAST 8am on weekends. 

 

Breakfast (6am)

We ate light, since we knew there would be gluttony later in the day.

1 bacon cookie (they’ve got to disappear somehow) –91 calories 2.2 g fat, 2.3 g protein

2 oz leftover pork tenderloin – 60 calories, 2 g fat, 9 g protein

8 oz coffee w/Splenda & fat free creamer – 20 cal, 0 fat/protein

 

MidMorning Snack (9am)

1/2 Great Value chocolate chip chewy granola bar – 45 calories, 1 g fat, 0.5 g protein

 

Lunch – TAILGATING! (10:30a-12:30p)

Everyone brought something to contribute, so we had quite the spread:  Nathan’s hot dogs, pre-made hamburger patties, pasta salad, baked beans, chips, garden fresh tomatoes & cucumbers, cookies, condiments…and of course, rum-soaked pineapple chunks.

.facebook_10986 .facebook_10983 

(I apparently suck at taking pics sometimes, so these were taken by my cousins.)

Over the course of the two hour period before the game, we all munched & snacked & chowed down & snacked some more.  This represents the dent I put in our stockpile:

1 Nathan dog w/ ketchup & mustard – 300 cal, 10 g fat, 10.6 g protein
1/2 fresh tomato – 12 calories, 0 fat/protein
8 cucumber slices – 7 calories, 0 fat/protein
1/2 cup pasta salad – 102 calories, 1 g fat, 3 g protein
1/2 cup baked beans – 140 calories ,  1g fat,  6g protein
3 pineapple chunks w/rum – 70 calories, 0 fat/protein
3 mini choc chip cookies – 90 calories, 4.2 g fat, 0.6 g fat
1 3 oz burger w/ketchup & mustard (I probably didn’t need this burger, but the BBQ sauce on it was beckoning me) on high-fiber whole wheat bun w/ketchup & mustard – 343 calories, 17 g fat, 16 g protein
2 light beers – 220 calories
1 bottle water – 0 calories

1 Pepsi Max – 0 calories

Tailgating Total: 1284 calories, 33.2 g fat, 36.2 g protein (OUCH.)

 

Dinner (7pm) – Buffalo Wild Wings

We had originally intended to go to Stroud’s post-game; however, there was an hour wait & I don’t think any of us had enough room in our stomachs for the onslaught of foods at Stroud’s (a family style restaurant w/fried chicken and all the sides).  BWW was convenient & quick.

1 fried pickle slice (stolen from my cousin) – 25 cal, 0.6 g fat, 0.4 g protein

6 traditional wings w/Honey BBQ sauce & ranch – 528 calories, 36 g fat, 36 g protein

16 oz Leinenkugel Summer Shandy – 150 calories

16 oz water – 0 cal

 

Total for Day: 2203 calories, 75 g fat, 84.4 g protein

UGH.  Yeah.  I overdid it.  But I knew that I had, & I felt it.  As you may have noticed from my previous posts, I typically eat about 5-6 times a day, small portions.  I technically wasn’t even hungry when we went to BWW, and probably would have been better off not eating.  Normally a midday meal would not carry with me that long.  Could I have made smarter decisions?  Absolutely.  If I had a do-over, I wouldn’t have eaten that burger during tailgating (that I didn’t even need) and I wouldn’t have ordered that beer with dinner.  Those two small changes alone would have saved me about 500 calories.  And since I wasn’t really all that hungry at dinner, I could have also skipped the wings altogether & just ordered a side of chips & salsa or potato wedges (about 280 calories, which would have been a savings of another 250 calories).

 

However, all in all I had a great day with family, and of course, the Cards demolished the Royals, so it was still a great day.

food 003 .facebook_10985

Tomorrow’s Day 7…let’s see how this experiment wraps up, shall we?

 

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment