Monday, January 23, 2012

Photologue Louisiana: A Weather Report.

 

Hi readers!  I was visiting my parents this weekend so I did not have an opportunity to cook up anything delicious…rather, I got spoiled by my mom who made biscuits & gravy, and fried chicken & potatoes, and meatloaf…good good stuff.  Aside from not cooking, it was a productive weekend full of shopping, crocheting with my mom, and helping my mom set up her Facebook account (she’s so 21st century now).

Here in Missouri we’ve been having some absurd weather…50 one day, then dropping to 20s over night, then back up to the 60s… then it’s 40 again.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that we haven’t had a lot of snow, but everyone’s sinuses are going crazy.

So I thought it might be a good time to reminisce with a few pictures from Louisiana… and their current weather reports.

New Orleans’ Jackson Square: Currently 71F with a 60% chance of rain.

image

Grand Isle: High of 74 with a 30% chance of rain.

image

LUMCON Coastal Research Lab in Cocodrie, Louisiana: Currently 60 degrees & sunny, wind 5-10 knots.

image

Port Sulphur: Currently 73 with a 10% chance for rain. (A great day for fishing, wouldn’t you say?)

image

Estherwood: 69 and cloudy.  Slight chance for rain.

image

 

Lake Martin: 73 and cloudy.  10% chance for rain. (I could totally be a weather person).

image

Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge: High of 78 & partly cloudy, with a 10% chance of rain. (Or 100% chance of getting wet if you’re sitting on the back of a boat.)

image

No comments:

Post a Comment